Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olympics and Freezing Rain

I'm proud to be a Canadian. Today, Canada reached a total of 8 medals at the games.

When I get bored at work I log onto CBC olympics and read about the various sports. I enjoy watching and reading about all the sports but my favorites are cross-country skiing and hockey. I've always been interested by cross-country skiing since I ski myself.

The weather has been horrible today. We got rain/snow and freezing rain. Right now there's about 1.5cm of ice on the ground and more to come. During the last 5 weeks, Kingston has received freezing rain on 3 different occasions. What is wrong with this weather? Yeah, I know it's global warming.. blah blah blah.. but what is really being done by indiviuals?

Picture from Greenpeace

No comments: