Monday, April 03, 2006

Buzzed at work?

Getting buzzed at work.. well almost. Today I had to perform the ceremony. Yes, the cleaning ceremony of the samples and get them ready for testing. It involves cleaning them with iso-octane, iso-propanol and acetone and inserting the beakers in an utrasonic cleaner. The entire procedure can take about 1.5 hours.

The fumes from the three chemicals are enough to make you pass out if you take a huge sniff of them. Well maybe not pass out - but surely give you a buzz. But of course I would never be so stupid to buzz myself at work (or any other time).

Here are two more picture of Yoho NP.
A picture taken after the sunset. Emerald Lake in Yoho NP.

HOODOOS! Very cool natural sand/rock formation that is caused by erosion. These peaks are about 15-20 ft high.


I just had to post this picture from National Geographic. The Cameleon is great against the blue/green background.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHH I SEEE, so when you showed me a picture of a naked woman and said "look at the hoodoos" you were ACTUALLY talking about the background of the image.. I gotcha...

Pam said...

I love your photos Ivan! And yes, I'm finally posting a comment on your page!

Krystel said...

I am officially starting a picture contest, as I think some of my pics are as beautiful, if not more, as Ivan's. Please visit my blog to judge for yourself: www.krystelcarrier.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Cool! A photo contest?? I'm in!!
Damn. That means I have to scan a bunch of photos, as my none as mine are digitized into my computer