Thursday, March 30, 2006

Boiler Room

I've been rock climbing at the Boiler Room in Kingston twice. Julien, one of my housemate and a good climber himself, is teaching me the basics of climbing. The rating of the walls inside the facility start at 5.2 and go up to 5.12. I've started on walls of difficulty 5.5 and now I am climbing up some 5.7.

Thinking about summer holidays just makes you really lazy. Thinking about summer vacation makes me daydream. I though I might post some of my favorite places since summer is almost here.
Looking at precipitations from Whistler Mountain in Jasper National Park.
Looking at Mt. Wapta going up Mt. Field. Takkakah Falls can be seen in the background.


A lake in Jasper right after sunset.

Lost lake in Northern Ontario. The island in the middle of the lake is where the cottage is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you know what Freud said about mountains..

Ivan said...

"So, for instance, when, caught in a mist perhaps, one has lost one’s way in a mountain forest, every attempt to find the marked or familiar path may bring one back again and again to one and the same spot, which one can identify by some particular landmark. "

Mandy said...

Did you take these, or do you just like these pictures? They are beautiful...

Ivan said...

These are all my pictures. Except for the last one that Brandon took (but I was there with him).

I will eventually go through my photo album and scan other good ones.

EternallyExceptional said...

Beautiful Pics Ivan, good job!